As the Saskatchewan economy continues to grow there is a desperate need for investment to finance growth. People from around the world are taking a more serious look at Saskatchewan as the province’s requirements are more attractive than others. With the closure of the eastern provinces programs similar to Saskatchewan, previously interested investors are looking at Saskatchewan as a viable alternative. IIBC can facilitate the entire immigration process for investors including, applications, proposals, expletory visits, business and resettlement plans, including purchases of existing businesses.
To be considered for the SINP Entrepreneur Category;
· Have a minimum of 3 -5 years business ownership experience or senior management experience;
· Have a minimum personal net worth of CDN $300,000 obtained legally.
· Submit a Business Establishment Plan regarding intent to reside and plan for potential business idea.
· Make a minimum, verifiable investment of CDN $150,000 into starting a new business or buying outright an existing business, and have an active management role in the day-to-day operation of the business;
· If you intend to own less than 33.3% of your business in Saskatchewan there is a 1 million dollar investment. No matter what option you choose, you must have an active management role in the day-to-day operation of the business;
· Make a deposit of $2,500 CDN once your file is approved into processing as well as $72,500 into a trust account and sign a Performance Agreement based on your Business Proposal or Relocation and Settlement Plan.
· Fast Track Alternatives
o 10 million dollar business purchase – 1 investor can bring 9 essential partners. The application is given priority processing to be accepted to be assessed by Saskatchewan Immigration.
o Science and Technology partnerships.
Saskatchewan Business immigration has experiences a large influx of applications since the Federal Investor Category closed as well as Quebec’s. It is currently taking up to 10-12 months to have your application accepted into processing after submitting your file. After being accepted in for processing, nominations are still moving forward in a timely manner.